Friday, January 18, 2013

DIY: Happy Memories Jar & Workout Tip Jar

DIY: Happy Memories Jar


Materials Needed:

*Jar (plastic or glass)
*Decorations (optional)
*Pens
*Paper
*box (base size on the notes that will be used)

*The Happy Memories Jar is a place where we can collect notes about happy/positive things that have happened to you.
*Maybe something you did that brightened someone’s day and made you smile, or getting an A on a paper/ report card, or finally doing something that you have been wanting to do, or an awesome birthday.
Example…..I recently ran into someone that I used to work with who I was thinking about and I put that in a note…

*It’s really easy to make a happy memories jar, you can use a glass jar or a plastic one like I did, and you can decorate it too, (it’s something that kids will love to do).
*You can make your own or one for the whole family (for the family make sure its in a place that everyone will see it)
*I like to put the date on the paper (optional)
*Keep a smal box with the paper and pens near the jar to make it easier to write the notes, so you   dont have to look for a pen and paper everytime you go to write a new note..


I love the happy memories jar for many reasons…

 1. Makes you focus on happy, positive stuff.

2. Focusing on happy, positive stuff lifts your spirits.

3. small things that brighten my day.

4. It makes me happy to write a new note and put it in the jar

5. It’s fun and it’s something that can be named anything you want and, can be just for  yourself or you and your family…

*2012 wasn’t a bad year but things that happened changed that year and the year before changed my view on things…and that you can’t let the little bad things get to you.

Fill it up the whole year and on new year’s eve this year open it up and look it all of the positive things that have happened to you this year, and all of the happy memories that were made…


DIY: Workout Tip Jar

 
 
Materials Needed :
 
*Jar (plastic or glass)
*Decorations (optional)
Calendar & stickers (optional)
 
 

Instead of calling it New year’s resolution I call it as a whole Operation Smile, a list of things to do that will make me smile…and yes losing some weight is one of them.. In past years by this time I had already quit. So I wanted something different for this year..and what could be a better incentive then to tip yourself $1 for each day that you workout....

*its easy to do, for everyday you work out you put a dollar in the jar.

*At the end of them month you can either let the money add up or buy yourself something.
*you can also decorate it like I did, (which is always fun for me..=D)
* you can also keep track of the days that you workout like I did on my calendar.
*keep it somewhere you will always be able to see it…
For me this is working and I don't see myself quiting like years past, I have to constantly change my workouts, one day I will do zumba the other belly dancing or Just dance on the Wii...they have to be fun, if not I know I will get bored and give up...but keeping a positive attitude has been a major factor for me...with the above mentioned workouts I look forward to them...

Here is the pictures of me before (March 06') and after (06') the 50lb weight loss...

                                                              Yes I am a Chargers Fan.. =)


Hope you like these two ideas....thanks so much for reading...=D
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment