Saturday, June 4, 2011

♥..My SkinCare Faves..♥

My Skin Care Faves

St.Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub
Blemish & Blackhead Control


My Skin ♥
My skin has always been dry, no major acne problems accept the occasional pimple from stress, lack of water, bad eating habits, or mother nature paying me a visit.

Before St.Ives..♥
Before using this product the only thing I would use to wash my face was soap and water and whatever lotion we had at the house at the time.

*Fights Blemishes without over drying
*Exfoliates to prevent Blemishes & Clean Pores

♥Ingredients
Apricots : Apricot oil is known to hydrate & nourish the skin
                 *Carotenoids (similar to Vitamin A) or Carotene which is found in foods like
                                              *carrots    *Pumpkins
                                              *Spinach   *Tomatoes
                                              *Oranges   * Hot Chili Peppers
                  *All have at least one or more members of the carotene family known as
                    Caretenoids.
            
             Powerful antioxidants
             It may seem like to much power but it's super gentle.

Corn Kernnel Meal:
        Flour ground from dried corn 
        Cornmeal makes softer feeling fresh skin possible
        Soft but gently powerful,all natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover
           and regeneration.

Walnuts: 
        all natural exfoliant ingredient in the scrub
        Known for its hard shell, but when its ground it becomes an amazingly 
         effective all natural exfoliant in the scrub.

How I use it..
Step 1 : I splash my face with hot water 3 times, waiting 15 seconds between
             splash,this gives your pores time to open up.
Step 2 : Apply Scrub, I put a little more on my forehead and nose..
Step 3 :  Let it set for at least 5 minutes
             I get a tingling feeling which lets me know its doing what its supposed to be 
             doing which is fighting those ugly blackheads...bleh!!
             I will admit I do leave it on longer than 5 mins, my routine in the shower is 
             Shampoo,apply St.Ives,Conditioner,remove st.Ives scrub.
Step 4 : Rinse it off..
Step 5 : Apply cold water using the same method as the hot water.
Freshly exposed skin may be prone to moisture loss,so when you use the scrub its really important to moisturize after you get out of the shower.

Using this scrub your skin should more readily absorb the moisturizer that you put on afterwards

Reviews..
There have been so many good reviews about this scrub..and of course there are some bad reviews...
The bad reviews have mostly been about the scrub not removing enough blackheads.
Im not gonna lie when Im in a hurry in the morning for work or school, I don't leave the scrub on for that long, and I do notice that It doesn't get rid of alot of the blackheads..
I would assume that people use it leave it on for less than 3 minutes and right when it starts working they rinse it off.I would bet that if they left it on for 3 minutes like the package says they would have better results.
Other bad reviews are because the exfoliating beads over dry their skin..if you have sensitive skin I would recommend using the one for sensitive skin instead of the orange naturally clear banner, it has a purple sensitive skin banner.
I have nothing but good thing to say about this product..hope this review helped..
Thank You for taking time out of your day to read this...
                                                              ♥LovedbyKenubus♥
                 
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment